Blogging courses are one of the best ways to educate yourself about how to grow and monetize your blog. Bloggers in particular, who are looking to expand their knowledge base and improve their skills, can benefit greatly from the best blogging courses for beginners to do just that.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t have the time a day to do detailed research on every aspect of blogging (starting a blog, SEO, traffic, affiliate marketing, product creation, Pinterest, etc.).
Even if I did, the information will likely be scattered into loads of information leaving me to glue all of the pieces together.
Furthermore, these bits of information are likely to be vague and generalized.
And suddenly, the little time I actually had to create content and work on my blog, was consumed by research.
That is why investing in the best blogging courses that meet your specific needs, will be a key benefit to your successful and profitable blogging journey.
I became so passionate about optimizing my limited blogging time, that I created Blogcabulary Plus for bloggers looking to do just that.
Blogcabulary Plus is the ultimate blogging terminology, reference, and resource eBook.
It contains over 340 blogging terminologies, popular blogging tools and resources, and important blogging tutorials.
Having all of the basic blogging information at hand so that all you have to do is focus on creating content and making blog profit.
As I worked on the blogging resource’s section of Blogcabulary Plus, I got to review many courses for bloggers.
It is based on that research and the opinion of many other bloggers that I decided to put together this post listing some of the best blogging courses in the market today.
It is my hope that it can help you narrow down your search and pick the right blogging course for you and your blogging needs.
Today, we will be covering blogging courses for bloggers for beginners as whole:
- The importance of bogging courses for beginners
- The advantages of blogging courses for beginners
- How to choose between blogging courses
Then, we will narrow it down to what I (and many other bloggers) consider to be some of best blogging courses for bloggers in every blogging category and they include:
- Starting a Blog
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Product Creation
- Best Blogging Courses Bundle Deals
Before we commence, if you don’t have a blog yet and would like to start one, here are two great, free resources at your disposal:
- How to Start a Blog in 10 Minutes (A step-by-Step Tutorial)
- How to Start a Money Making Blog (FREE 7-Day Email Course)
Importance of Blogging Courses for beginners
Blogging courses provide you with a roadmap to a particular subject you are looking to master.
Because blogging is a profession (for those who pursuit it full force), constant learning is imperative to have and run a successful profitable blog.
Most of us who discover and pursuit profitable blogging have no computer background (IT, web design, computer programming, etc.), making the learning curve really extensive.
That is why blogging courses are so important to include in your blogging journey growth plan.
Advantages of Blogging Courses for beginners
By investing in blogging courses you will be able to:
- Learn and implement strategies faster.
- Acquire knowledge from experts on a particular topic.
- Learn at your pace.
- Use interactive media such as videos and audio tutorials (if applicable).
- Equip yourself with proper knowledge to avoid/reduces mistakes and increase success.
- Stay competitive within your niche.
- Join private communities alongside other bloggers (some of the following blogging courses offer Private Facebook Groups you can join upon enrollment).
How to Choose the Best Blogging Course for you?
Often times, bloggers become overwhelmed when trying to choose a blogging course that will best meet their needs.
Here are some guidelines to help you choose the appropriate blogging course for you:
Budget and ROI (return on investment)
Blogging courses can often carry a hefty price tag, making it even harder to make a choice on.
Depending on our finances, we have a preconceived notion of what our budget is and what we are willing spend.
However, when you think of blogging courses as an investment and not as an expense, your perspective changes.
Unlike many other online courses, blogging courses tend to have a really good ROI (return on investment) rate.
That’s because blogging courses will teach you to either make a profit from your blog or teach you other crucial aspects of blogging which will in turn make your blog profitable.
- Learning about product creation will teach you how to create and sell your own products.
- Learning about traffic and SEO will dramatically improve your page views. With higher page views you will make money from ads, affiliate sales, own product sales, etc.
- Learning all about Pinterest will increate your blog traffic, hence increasing ad revenue and affiliate commission earnings.
- Learning about affiliate marketing will give you all the tools and strategies you need to make more affiliate sales.
- Email marketing will teach you all about growing your email list and leveraging its power to profit from it.
So, you get the picture!
As you set your blogging course budget, ask yourself:
- How will this course help me meet my blog strategy goals?
- Will these new strategies help my blog make money?
Visual or Reader Learner
As you are getting ready to choose you blogging course, scroll through the Table of Contents and see how the information will be presented to you.
Blogging courses present their lessons as video tutorials, written lessons, and/or slide show presentations.
If you are a visual learner like me, you will probably be more inclined to invest in blogging courses that have a higher video content ratio.
As a busy mom, video and slide show presentations allow me to listen to my blogging courses from practically anywhere. While doing dishes, folding clothes, or driving the kids to school.
However, sometimes videos require a lot of your attention. So, if the time you have to learn is late at night while the kids are sleeping, blogging courses with mostly written content might be more beneficial.
To find a happy medium, investing on a blogging course that has a combination of both might be a great idea.
With that said, don’t let the content format be the deciding factor. You might miss out on your ideal course if you focus solely on that.
Take everything else we have previously discussed into consideration.
What blogging topic are you looking to learn?
Now that you know how to choose a course depending on price and content structure, let’s focus on the actual topic of the best blogging courses in the market today.
Think of a blogging area you are really lacking knowledge on.
Think of a blogging area which mastering it would translate to a bigger blog growth and a higher blogging income.
Here are some ideas on blogging subjects that will have a huge impact in blog growth and profit:
- Starting a Blog (if you haven’t done so)
- Email Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Product Creation
Now that we have the basics down on paper, let’s get to the list of the best courses for beginner bloggers on 6 crucial blogging categories.
9 Best Blogging Courses for Beginners
1. Starting a Blog Course: Blog By Number
If you haven’t started a blog or have recently started one but need a roadmap to follow, the Blog by Number eCourse by Suzi Whitford is a great choice.
She teaches you everything you need to know about starting a blog and making money in under 3 hours.
To date, Suzi has taught over 60,000 moms to start their blogs and you can rest assured you will not be the exception.
No, it is not just for moms.
But being a mom herself, she knows time is limited, so the information in this course is broken down into bite size lectures that can be easily completed during baby’s nap time. That is actually a great benefit to anyone!
Blog by Number contains step by step video tutorials that are quick and easy to follow.
The course goes through the steps from starting a blog, to choosing the right domain name, to setting up a free theme, getting traffic, to the exact steps showing you how to make money with your blog.
2. SEO Blogging Course: Stupid Simple SEO
Every experienced bloggers will tell you that having organic traffic to your blog is crucial.
Unlike any other traffic source, Google provides a platform for everlasting traffic to your blog from organic searches.
Traffic from social media platforms, on the other hand, could come to halt if your site is blocked, or if affected by algorithm and update changes.
That is why, learning SEO (Search Engine Optimization), understanding SEO, and implementing SEO is incredibly important. And because SEO is a long-term process, it is a good idea to start as soon as possible.
An amazing resource is Stupid Simple SEO by Mike Pearson.
This robust yet incredibly beginner friendly course takes you from the basics of understating SEO all the way to implementing key strategies that will get your blog thousands of organic page views from search engines.
Mike is so committed to the content he teaches that even before you decide to invest in his course, he offers you a FREE training series.
Related Article: 7 Best SEO Courses for Bloggers (Comprehensive to Basic)
3. Pinterest Course: Pinterest Ninja
For bloggers in most niches, Pinterest is one of the best traffic sources.
Unlike many other social media platforms, Pinterest allows for three crucial elements which make this venue an incredible asset.
- It is free to use
- It acts as a search engine
- 400+ million users a month
Because there is so much that goes into Pinterest Marketing you need a course that covers all angles.
That is where Pinterest Ninja by Meagan Johnson comes in.
If you are new to Pinterest and would like to learn all about Pinterest including setting up a Business Pinterest account to mastering pinning and learning Pinterest SEO, then this Pinterest Course is for you.
Here is an overview of the Pinterest Ninja Course curriculum:
* Each Chapter contains 2-7 training videos
- Set Up and Basics
- Niche Boards and Group Boards
- All About Pins
- Pinterest Analytics
- Pinning Strategies and Tailwind
- Social Media Tips
- Bonus: All About Affiliate Marketing
- Bonus: Private Facebook Group where Megan does a LIVE monthly training and answers your question
- Pinterest Ninja eBook
4. Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing
As you probably already know, affiliate marketing is one of the best ways (and one of the most common) to make money blogging.
Affiliate marketing is the way someone makes a commission by selling someone else’s products/services.
Next, are THREE affiliate marketing blogging courses for beginners. That is because they are fundamentally different in content and content structure.
One of the most popular affiliate marketing blogging courses is Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing by eCourse by Michelle Schroeder.
It is a great course for beginning bloggers who are looking to learn all about making money blogging with affiliate marketing.
Michelle currently makes $100,000+ a month from affiliate commissions alone.
Alongside the info packed course, this course includes 8 remarkable bonuses which include:
- A Facebook Master Mind Group
- A Pinterest Strategy Guide
- …and much more!
It is important to note that the entire course comes in written content. So if you learn better by reading rather that watching videos, this course is definitely for you.
5. Affiliate Marketing Roadmap
If you learn better with video content then Tracie Fobes’ Course Affiliate Marketing Roadmap is a fantastic choice.
In this course she walks you step by step how to make passive income from your blog through affiliate marketing. She walks you through the process from how to get started to advanced marketing techniques.
Some of the lesson included in this course’s curriculum include:
- What affiliate marketing is and how you can use it to earn money
- The legal aspects you NEED to know to protect yourself
- How to find affiliate partners and how to create your links
- Affiliate partner networks for all blogging niches
- The types of affiliate posts that work best
- Marketing strategies and mistakes to avoid
- How to become an affiliate for this course!
Tracie has been blogging since 2009 and she is currently a blogging coach and teacher.
6. Journey to the Center of Amazon
I couldn’t conclude this Affiliate Marketing Course list without including this Amazon Affiliate Course!
The Amazon Associate Program is one of the most popular amongst bloggers of all niches. So, if you haven’t yet figured out how to make money using the Amazon Associate Program, then you have to check Journey to the Center of Amazon by Debbie Gardner.
Debbie currently earns $4,000 – $5,000 a month just from the Amazon affiliate program alone.
The curriculum of Journey to the Center of Amazon includes everything from getting started, to getting clicks, all the way to advanced tips and holiday strategies!
7. Email Marketing Blogging Course: List Growth
A very important blogging concept is email marketing, and learning all about it can help increase your blogging revenue significantly.
List Growth, also by Tracie Fobes is a step by step guide to starting, building, and leveraging email to increase your profits.
Once enrolled in this course, you will learn:
- Where to Start
- Email Legalities
- Creating an Opt-In
- The Resources Library
- Adding Sign Up Boxes to Your Site
- Crafting the Perfect Email
- Using Autoresponders Effectively
- Turning Your Email List into a Money Makin Machine
- Simplifying Your Email Process
- Subscriber Maintenance
And, BONUSES include:
- Facebook Support Group
- Affiliate Partnerships Trackers
- 11 videos showing you the WHY and HOW of affiliate marketing
- All future updates!
8. Product Creation Blogging Course for Beginners: Course by Number
Some of the best blogging courses are those that teach you how to increase blog revenue. Creating eProducts (electronic products) is one of the most effective ways to do just that.
More commonly known as eproducts, electronic products are those that can deliver goods to customers electronically such as, eBooks, eCourses, audio books, printables, etc.
This type of income stream has quickly become the primary source of income stream for most successful bloggers.
A recent income study report done by Brandon Gaille revealed that upper income bloggers (those earning $25,000+/month) made 80% of their income from their own courses.
In addition, a recent article from Medium.com shows that “in 2017 alone, an estimated 1.6 billion people around the world purchased products online. Online retail sales were $2.3 trillion approximately, and this number is slated to more than double by 2021.”
With this kind of information, it is hard to ignore the incredible income potential that could come from creating your own eCourse. This form of passive income is one of the best ways to make money blogging.
Some of the best resources I’ve across when it comes to product creation are by Suzi Whitford from Start a Mom Blog.
The following courses were both created by Suzi Whitford from Start a Mom Blog.
I own both of the following courses and they have both help contribute to my monthly blogging income.
If you’ve ever considered creating a course… If you’ve always dreamed about making passive income from your blog… then you have to check out Course by Number. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
Suzi has created and launched nine online courses over the past two years and made over $300,000 in revenue.
If anyone knows about successful courses and how to teach others how to create their own, it’s Suzi.
Not only will you learn how to get the perfect course idea, but you’ll also master how to create your course and launch it. The best part of all is that the course will also teach you how build an evergreen funnel to it!
Having consistent income on a daily basis can change your life! Especially now, with the digital media industry growing by the millions on a daily basis.
The Course by Number curriculum includes:
*Each section includes 3-7 lessons (video and written format)
- Section 1: Your Blog
- Section 2: Your Email List
- Section 3: Your Perfect Idea
- Section 4: Outlining Your Course
- Section 5: Video Editing
- Section 6: Designing Your course
- Section 7: Launch, Setting it Up for a Huge Success
- Section 8: Launch, Let’s Make Money
- Section 9: The Evergreen Funnel, Make Passive Income Daily!
9. Printables by Number
Much like online courses, printables are another great way to make money from your blog. Not only can they increase your blog revenue, but you can use your printables to grow your email list.
Printables by Number also by Suzi Whitford, teaches you all you need to know to start making and selling your own printables.
Printables by Number Curriculum includes:
- How and where creates your printables
- How and where to sell your printables
- How to grow your email list with printables
- … and much, much more!
After taking this course a few months ago I have added to my Parenting Blog an additional $500 a month by selling my own printables.
Best Blogging Courses for Beginners (Bundle)
When looking to learn about all things blogging, opting for blogging courses bundles is definitely the best way to go.
Blogging courses bundles give you the ability to purchase multiple blogging courses as a package deal, and often sold for a fraction of the original cost.
Next, are some of the best blogging courses bundles to my knowledge that will give you the best value (and savings) for your investment.
VIP Access Pass
The VIP Pass is, in my opinion, the best blogging courses bundle that I’ve come across.
The VIP Bundle is a combination of Suzi Whitford’s best blogging courses for new bloggers, and bundled up in one amazing offer that is hard to refuse.
How nice would it be to have every single blogging resource you need at your finger tips to take your blog from a hobby to a full-blown business?
Well, now you can with the VIP Access Pass.
Here is the breakdown…
The VIP Bundle gives you a lifetime access to blogging courses that will help you not only start a blog, but make a full-time blogging income. It includes:
- Niche by Number (what to blog about)
- The Blog Plan (basics of blogging with an overview of each blog type)
- Blog by Number (how to start a blog step-by-step)
- List by Number (how to start and grow your email list)
- Theme by Number (upgrade your blog to a professional theme)
- Ebook by Number (how to create and launch an ebook)
- Course by Number (how to create and launch an ecourse)
- Printables by Number (how to create and sell printables)
- Post by Number (how to write great blog posts that rank in Google)
- How to Use PicMonkey (learn photo editing techniques to create Pinterest Pins)
- Bonus: Income Journey eBook and Email Bundle eBook
By purchasing these courses in a bundle you will save $335.
Just like any other career or professional venture, education and learning are nonnegotiable for a successful profitable blogging business.
When choosing between best courses for bloggers remember to ask yourself:
- How will this information propel my blog forward?
- Does this course have a good ROI?
- Does this course address an immediate need for my blog?
After you have answered those questions, consider these top blogging courses from these important blogging topics:
- Start a Blog: Blog by Number
- SEO: Stupid Simple SEO
- Pinterest: Pinterest Ninja
- Affiliate Marketing: Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing and Affiliate Marketing Roadmap
- Email Marketing: List Growth
- Product Creation: Course by Number and Printables by Number
- Blogging Courses Bundles: VIP Access Pass
As always, I hope this information was helpful to you. If it was, feel free to share it and comment below if you have any thoughts or questions.
Which blogging courses for beginners have you taken recently, which ones are you looking to take soon?